Our aim is that together we can buy several acres of land for the community to use for leisure and recreation.
What we’ve done
Following the dream of a family in Guilden Sutton and publicity at the village fete, we are a group of volunteer villagers who have have formed a steering group to get the project underway. We have
- Held a 'Drop in' event at the Village Hall Nov 2018
- Organised a press release in the Chester Chronicle
- Established a website and facebook page to keep everyone informed
- Identified potential sites around Guilden Sutton that could be acquired for a Green Space project.
- Identified potential sources of funding.
- Set up a website and produced a distinctive identity and style.
- Taken steps to establish Guilden Sutton Green Space as a charity.
- Discussed the project with various bodies including the Mersey Forest Project, the Parish Council, Cheshire Community Action, CWAC and our local Ward Councillors, with plans to involve Guilden Sutton Community Association, other village groups and businesses, Scouts and Beavers, St John’s Church, the Primary School and Pre-school.
- Contacted organisers of similar projects here and abroad as well as public organisations that can offer advice and assistance.
- The project is fast moving: The steering group is meeting fortnightly. We anticipate having some definite proposals to share very soon.
What we are doing
- Invite the whole community of Guilden Sutton to be members of ‘Guilden Sutton Green Space’ and to get involved in the project.
- Keep everyone informed, by publishing regular updates on the Guilden Sutton website, on notice-boards and in the village hall, by distributing leaflets throughout Guilden Sutton and by holding public events for consultation and fundraising in the village hall.
- Ask you, the community, to give your ideas about what new areas of green space in Guilden Sutton should be used for.
We are looking for ideas, people to help, people who know of sources of funding - in fact anybody and everybody interested in maintaining our local green environment for everyone to enjoy.
If you have any queries or comments about the project, or if would like to offer your time or skills in any way, please do get in touch using the contact form or by speaking to one of the Steering Group members:
Alan Davis, Amy Edwards, Tony Fisher, Sarah Jessop, Brian Lewin, Jackie Tait, Angela West